- Wealth PMS (50L+)
At Capitalmind Premium, we have a very active Slack channel where we discuss a lot of interesting topics. In there, a number of interesting links come our way. Here’s a bunch we found interesting:
1. Shares of Indiabulls Housing Finance fell 13.2% in a day. Considering the IL&FS defaults, it’s easy to associate this fall to market panic. But that’s not the reason. Investors are more concerned about its exposure to SuperTech Ltd, a property developer. Here’s why.
Indiabulls has clarified too (link).
2. Air India’s getting hope from all sorts of places. Now, the National Small Savings Fund has decided to help this cash strapped national carrier by offering a loan of Rs.1000 crore. That’s your NSCs and post office deposits at work!
3. Indian NBFCs are going through a crisis. Couple that with China’s corporate debt and US Bond market bubble, the next global financial meltdown seems to be around the corner. In fact, it could very well be bigger than the last one.
4. Tatas recently showed interest in Jet Airways. They wanted to buy 26% stake in the airlines company. However, they are also unhappy with the current management. Read more here.
5. If you thought the current fall in rupee value is bad, think again. According to Marc Faber, editor and publisher of The Gloom, Boom & Doom Report, rupee may go as low as Rs. 100 to a dollar in the coming years.
6. The recent crisis in NFBC don’t seem to end anytime soon. Top corporates such as Infosys and TCS are now reducing their exposure to liquid mutual funds. Now they are moving their money to banking sector from NBFC sector.
7. Because of ArcelorMittal’s successful track record in managing steel companies, lenders of Essar Steel have declared them to be the preferred bidder for the ownership of Essar Steel. ArcelorMittal beat Vedanta Group in this matter.
8. L&T Infra is unlikely to take any more metro projects in the future. A tweet by it’s CEO confirms it.
Vinayak Chatterjee, Chairman-feedback of Infra group, says that Japan has been funding the infra market adequately. This is helpful considering the liquidity crunch in the market.
This is a list of all the ongoing Indian projects which are proceeding in collaboration with Japan International Cooperation Agency.
9. A brilliant thread on all the stocks presented at a Chennai Investors meet:
10. Real estate prices can’t just fall, boss. Because people who have already bought flats will get super angry. Or that’s what’s happening in China:
11. “This is the story of how a company with nearly $400 million in assets went bankrupt in 45-minutes because of a failed deployment.”
We’ll post such links every once in a while. Happy reading!