- Wealth PMS (50L+)
We are starting a new “Capsule” series which will come to you on a regular basis, of data that is revealed in the markets but needs to be collated, cleaned and filtered to make tradeable sense. We’d love your feedback.
Here is a summary of Bulk & Block Deal transactions in this week. A Bulk Deal is a trade, where total quantity bought or sold is more than 0.5% of the number of equity shares of the company. A trade, with a minimum quantity of 5,00,000 shares or minimum value of Rs.5 crore executed through a single transaction on this separate window of the stock exchange will constitute a Block Deal.
The snapshot below excludes the Intra Day Trade, Promoter Exchange and Deals which are not significant in terms of Stock price or Deal value.
Background: The company offers value added products and services in power transmission conductors, petroleum specialities and power cables
AIL Benefit Trust holding 4.25% or 1,635,387 shares sold over half its stake i.e. 900,000 shares or 2.34% in the open market today at a weighted average price of Rs. 436/share. The stock closed at Rs. 466.20/- gaining Rs. 37.80/- or 8.82%.
The stake sale was purchased by HDFC Mutual Fund under its 2 schemes i.e. HDFC MIP Long Term Plan (400,000 shares or 1.04%); and by HDFC Prudence Fund (500,000 shares or 1.30%). HDFC Prudence Fund which held 1,694,750 shares or 4.40% as of September, 2015 now has a total stake of 2,194,750 shares or 5.70%. Fund wise, Templeton Strategic Emerging Markets Funds III LDC is the largest shareholder with 3,636,363 shares or 9.45% stake.
One of the big whales i.e. Vijay Kishanlal Kedia also owns 402,142 shares or 1.04% as of September, 2015.
Background: One of India’s largest fragrance players
The stock made its debut on the markets today. At the end of the trading session the stock closed at Rs. 209.85/- down by Rs. 13.85/- or 6.19%. The issue price of the stock was Rs. 180/-.
Mondrian Emerging Markets Small Cap Equity Fund and T Rowe Price International Discovery Fund both made a buy for the stock at a premium price of Rs. 209.58/- and Rs. 202.75/-. Each now own 1,125,559 shares or 0.78% and 890,000 shares or 0.61% respectively. With this purchase T Rowe Price International Discovery Fund now owns 2,716,601 shares or 1.87% stake in the company.
Currently Blackstone Capital Partners hold a majority of the stake at 31,100,677 shares or 21.50%.
Background: global provider of Business Support Systems for Communications Service Providers.
Barclays Capital Mauritius holding 11,642,088 shares or 4.78%, sold over half its stake of 6,970,915 shares or 2.86% at a price of Rs. 10.23/-. This now brings down their stake to 4,671,173 shares or 1.92%.
QVT Mauritius West Fund is the largest shareholder with 18,810,873 shares or 7.72% followed by Barclays Capital until this stake sale.
Background: focused, growing corporation having core competencies in the areas of sugar and engineering.
Nalanda India Fund which held 25,788,000 shares or a 10%stake has sold 10,100,000 shares or 3.92% bringing down its stake to 15,688,000 shares or 6.08%.
Even after this stake sale, Nalanda India Fund continues to be the biggest shareholder followed by Government Pension Fund Global at 2.71% and Morgan Stanley at 2.26%.
Nalanda Capital had invested Rs 110 crore ($16.7 million) in the company in August 2008 for 4.5%. After three months of that in November, the PE firm bought another 5.53% stake for around Rs 51.2 crore ($7.8 million), hiking its holding to a little over 10%.
Nalanda also holds 25,788,000 shares or 7.82% in Triveni Turbine (Triveni Group company) – a leading Industrial Steam Turbines Manufacturer in India. Here is a summary of the holdings.
We have compiled a list of those stocks which have seen massive increases in the “deliverable quantity to traded quantity %”.
Stocks are traded every day and most stocks see intraday trading (buy and sell on the same day). Intraday trades don’t result in delivery – if a two people buy and sell from each other and square off within the day, there will be volume, but no actual shares will change hands.
Delivery volumes as a percentage of total volume shows us how much of the stock is traded versus held for more than a day. It’s not very useful to use this data to trade per se.
But what is useful is if the delivery percentage JUMPS. If a stock is thinly delivered (say 30% delivery) and jumps up to 80% delivery then we are likely to be seeing some action in that stock because either a big buyer is in or a big seller is.
Listed below, are the Top 25 for today (16th Nov 2015):
To subscribe to new posts by email, once a day, delivered to your Inbox:
Also, do check out Capital Mind Premium, where we provide high
quality analysis on macro, fixed income and stocks. Also see our
portfolio which has given stellar returns in our year, trade by trade
as we progress. Take a 30-day trial: