General

Another PR post: This is a "widely read blog"

I’ve just found out that I am one of The Most Widely Read Indian Bloggers courtesy this blog. (Read the HR, Finance, Management section)

As proud as this makes me, I completely understand that I’m one of about 500, and if ranked in order of popularity will probably be #500. I’m not being humble to impress; these are plain facts.

Let’s encourage more financial bloggers and add them to this list. And guess what, you can search them too: India Blogs Directory Search.

• Prasanth says:

>Congrats Deepak. Prem over at http://premsagark.blogspot.com is conducting a poll on the best financial blogs from India – and i voted for you.

Regards,
    Prasanth

• Sujit says:

Congratulations. Well, taking forward the awareness exercises , we need to raise a serious issue.
    The IT return form ITR1 for salaried people, that has been issued by our honorable(sic!) finance ministry contains no reference to Section 24 under which we salaried people were claiming deductions on the interest paid for the capital borrowed for the purpose of constructing, acquiring, or retrofitting a home.
    Its going to pinch everyone. Lets raise our voices against this. Either the ministry clarifies this and gives us a new form, for faces peoples wrath for taking their money without notice.

Let as many people know this and raise their voices.

Regards
    Sujit

• Satya says:

>Hi Deepak

Thats a great news for both U and readers like us. Congratulations… It indeed reflects your good work on very basics of investment and trust of the readers on you. Keep this great going.

And waiting for your review for the upcoming DLF IPO. I think its a must buy offer.

• Thommy says:

Am a regular visitor of your blog and its nice to hear this great news. Am really new to investing and your postings are great ofcourse. Any advice for new investors like me?

Cheers
    Tomy

>Thanks all. Nice links and I’ve been looking at the “Escape velocity” blog too.

Btw, Sujit: YOu should fill ITR2 if you have a house property on which you pay interest. In Schedule HP you can give your interest paid (ignore all the rental value fields etc) ITR2 is also for salaired employees, but includes fields for capital gains and house property etc.

>Congratulations Deepak.
    This recognition is well deserved given the kind of content you publish and subject matter you tackle, that too with utmost honesty.

Keep up the good work.